Iran Medical Visa | Obtaining guide , Documents , Costs
In recent years, due to the low cost of treatment in Iran and the use of competitive opportunities, there has been a special focus on health tourism. In this regard, even with the corona and the non-issuance of tourist and pilgrimage visas, the Iranian Treatment Visa (Treatment Visa Type T) can be issued and people applying for medical services can use this visa and travel to Iran up to three months later and to Stay in Iran for 10 days.
In the current situation, medical visas are not issued at the airport, and in order to obtain a barcode and confirmation, you must apply through a travel agency in Iran, and then the applicant must apply at the Iranian embassy in the country of residence to confirm and finalize his visa. The time for obtaining an Iranian health visa for most nationalities is less than 7 days, and to obtain it, a doctor’s letter and an IPD permit are required. In the following, we will review the conditions and documents required for a medical visa, the steps for obtaining it, and the costs.
What is a medical visa?
People who have a physical illness that is not curable in their own country or the cost of treatment in their country is high to travel to other countries that have this equipment or have advanced medical equipment to treat this disease or the cost of treatment is lower, to do This trip the person must obtain a medical visa of the destination country. Medical visa is one of the types of visas that is issued in a short time and the applicant can have his disease in the destination country without any worries.
Iranian medical visa
Iranian medical visa (Type T visa) has been added to all types of Iranian visas in recent years and is one of the visas that is issued very quickly. The validity of Iranian medical visa is 10 days, in other words, the applicant can use this visa for 10 days in Reside in Iran and go through the stages of treatment of his illness, which of course can be extended depending on the applicant’s illness. There are two ways to obtain an Iranian medical visa:
Obtaining an Iranian medical visa through a travel agency
The first way to get a medical visa in Iran is to ask a facilitator company or travel agency to get an invitation and follow the steps to get a medical visa in Iran, you can refer to one of the virtual travel agencies in Iran. To do this, the applicant must first contact the butmag, talk to the experts of this collection and ask them to get a valid medical invitation for him, then the person will pay for the invitation and the butmag collection from a reputable medical center. And a specialist doctor will get a medical invitation and send it to the person via email. At this stage, the applicant must go to the Iranian embassy at his / her place of residence and apply to the Iranian embassy with the invitation letter that butmag received and other necessary documents for obtaining a medical visa.
Receive Iran Airport Medical Visa
In recent years, it has been possible to obtain an Iranian medical visa at the airport, and citizens of Venezuela, Turkey, Syria, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Bolivia, Egypt, Georgia, Azerbaijan and Armenia can obtain airport medical visas at the airports named below. An applicant from one of these countries must obtain an invitation from a medical center in Iran for treatment before traveling to Iran, then come to Iran and obtain an airport medical visa at one of Iran’s international airports (of course, because it may be possible to There is a lot of time and expense involved in eventually rejecting your visa application (we do not recommend this method). List of Iranian international airports that issue airport visas:
- Tehran Imam Khomeini International Airport
- Tehran Mehrabad Airport
- Kish International Airport
- Qeshm International Airport
- Isfahan International Airport
- Shahid Dastgheib International Airport in Shiraz
- Hasheminejad International Airport Mashhad
- Tabriz Shahid Madani International Airport
- Ahwaz International Airport
- Bandar Abbas International Airport
- Bushehr International Airport
Of course, in the current situation and due to the outbreak of Corona virus, Iranian airport medical visas are not issued to citizens of any country in the world, these conditions remain as long as the virus is prevalent in the world.
Steps to obtain an Iranian medical visa:
- Contact visa experts for a free consultation
- Gather the documents required for a medical visa
- Hospital Admission Letter (IPD)
- Letter from a specialist doctor regarding the applicant’s need for treatment in Iran
- Scan of the applicant’s related medical records
- Passport scan and personal photo
- Send documents and pay
- Receive EVISA Health Iran
- Obtaining a visa (Pickup) at the Iranian embassy or consular services in the country of residence
Necessary documents to receive an Iranian medical visa
- Passport: Scanned and valid for at least 6 months from the time of arrival in Iran
- Personal photo: Scanned with a bright background and the person’s face is clearly visible. Note that the photo must have been taken in the last 6 months and match the current face of the applicant.
- IPD Admission Letter: Admission must be from a public or private hospital with an international unit.
- Medical records: Tests and activities performed for the patient such as ultrasound, radiography, CT scan, etc.
(These documents are not required, but increase the visa acceptance rate.)
- Letter from a specialist doctor: A letter with an official stamp from a specialist doctor in Iran or abroad on the subject of the applicant’s need for treatment
Validity of Iranian medical visa for foreign nationals
Validity period of entry: The validity period of Iranian medical visa for foreign nationals is 30 days or one month, which has changed from two months to one month, and the visa applicant can enter up to one month after the visa is issued. Be Iran.
Duration of stay: The validity of the stay of Iranian visa varies from one day to 30 days according to the application registered in the system of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Of course, this period of stay can be extended up to 90 days, it means two more times and each time for 30 days.
IPD letter from the hospital
The IPD letter is a letter in Persian written by the International Hospital Unit to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Iran, in which it is explained that the applicant needs treatment in this hospital with the following information and is asked to agree to this person’s visa. This letter indicates that the applicant has filed a case at the hospital providing the letter, and the hospital confirms that the person applying for a medical visa is to be treated at this hospital.
This letter is the most important document required to obtain a medical visa, and if this letter does not exist, the application will definitely be rejected. The cost of obtaining an IPD visa for an Iranian visa from a hospital is about $ 15. For more information on IPD letters, we suggest going to the “What is an IPD Letter?” See.
The cost of an Iranian medical visa
The cost of an Iranian medical visa has two parts:
The cost of visa services and obtaining a barcode
This fee is charged by the visa service providers. Services such as issuing invitations, collecting documents, uploading and tracking visa applications.
Visa issuance fee at the embassy
The cost of issuing a visa is the amount that a person applying for a medical visa must pay to the embassy when they visit the Iranian embassy at their place of residence and apply for a medical visa. The amount varies according to the applicant’s country. In the system and visa approval, the amount payable to the Iranian embassy is specified. For example, the cost of issuing a visa for a Belgian national is 30 euros.
Iranian medical visa extension
If the treatment process takes more than 30 days and the visa needs to be extended, the visa can eventually be extended for another 60 days. In this case, he must apply through the responsible centers and get permission to renew his visa. To extend your medical visa in Iran, you must go to the offices of the Foreigners Police or the Electronic Police (Police +10) and provide the following documents:
- Physician confirmation letter: The physician must confirm in a letter that the person’s treatment is incomplete and that the person needs to stay in Iran longer.
- Receipt of expenses: The applicant must submit a receipt of expenses he / she has already incurred for the treatment of the disease to the Citizens’ Police Office.
- Determining the exact time of starting treatment in Iran and the progress of treatment of the disease: It should be clear exactly when the person arrived in Iran for the treatment of his disease and how much progress has been made in the treatment of the disease.
- The cost of renewing a medical visa: To renew a visa, a person must pay a fee to the Citizens’ Police Office, the amount of which is determined at the said offices.
Note a few points about the Iranian medical visa:
- Iran has become one of the most popular countries for health tourism due to its skilled doctors, advanced medical equipment, equipped medical centers and reasonable prices for medical services, and Iran’s medical visa has many fans.
- Citizens of the United States should spend more time obtaining an Iranian medical visa, perhaps for several months, as obtaining a visa is a bit more complicated for them.
- Citizens of Afghanistan and Pakistan can not apply for a medical invitation in person, but must receive the invitation through health tourism companies registered in the electronic visa system of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Iran.
- Representations of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Iran are also active in different countries on Saturdays and Fridays and issue visas to applicants.
- The cost of an Iranian airport medical visa does not include discounts on this type of visa.
- Today, health tourism services, in addition to treating physical ailments, include skin and hair services, hydrotherapy, cosmetic surgery services, and even checkups.
- If the documents are incomplete, the application for an Iranian medical visa will be returned to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and the applicant or the company that applied for the visa must completely eliminate these deficiencies and complete the documents within 12 hours.
- There is a list of medical centers that are allowed to admit international patients to the State Department, which only approves invitations from centers on that list (so invitations to medical centers that are not on this list, even if the center has an IPD license, it is not acceptable)
- Citizens of some countries, such as the United States, in addition to the documents mentioned above must choose and introduce a leader tour for themselves that this person must be with the patient in all stages of treatment.
- Due to the prevalence of Corona virus, people who intend to enter Iran with a medical visa, in addition to the above documents, must submit their negative PCR test, which is valid for a maximum of 96 hours and translated into English when entering Iran to the relevant authorities.
- Visa issuance takes between 7 and 10 working days after submitting the documents, but this time can be reduced to three days depending on the doctor’s opinion and confirmation letter.
- Note that visa approval times vary for citizens of different countries. Citizens of the United States and some other countries may wait up to 2 times to receive their visa.
- Iran has also provided airport treatment visas for the convenience of travelers and patients entering the country for medical services. Note, however, that this is true in a number of countries.
- Another point that you should pay attention to is that the person applying for a tourist visa cannot use medical services and must apply for an Iranian medical visa. Of course, this option does not apply to people who need medical care during the trip.
source : kite.ir