Eyebrow transplant by FUT method
Eyebrows are one of the areas of face that have a significant impact on beauty, and in fact, having full eyebrows is one of beauty characteristics. But many times, people may face a degree of falling eyebrows due to aging, hormonal problems, disease or taking some drugs, which is not very pleasant for them.
Usually, in such situations, people go for methods such as eyebrow penciling or tattooing in order to give a better shape to their eyebrows, but the point is that these methods are temporary and can even cause eyebrow loss.
For those people who are unhappy with their empty and falling eyebrows and are tired of doing temporary methods, a permanent method called eyebrow implantation is recommended, which brings very brilliant results. There are different techniques to perform this method, which we are going to discuss about FUT eyebrow transplantation.
What are the causes of eyebrow loss?
Before looking into FUT eyebrow transplantation, it is better to examine the reasons for eyebrow loss. Various factors are involved in loss of eyebrow hair, including:
- Effects of aging: Over time, the process of hair production from hair follicles stops and hair becomes thinner and weaker, and it is completely normal for eyebrows to fall out or their volume and thickness decrease.
- Hormonal imbalance: Thyroid problems, whether hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism, can be one of reasons for eyebrow loss.
- Autoimmune diseases: In such conditions, the immune system mistakenly attacks body’s cells, which can also target the healthy cells responsible for hair growth, which will eventually lead to hair loss, including eyebrows.
- Skin conditions: such as atopic dermatitis, psoriasis or seborrheic dermatitis can lead to inflammation and dryness of skin and some degree of eyebrow loss.
- Nutritional problems: lack of vitamins and minerals such as biotin deficiency, fatty acid deficiency or zinc deficiency can be among the causes of eyebrow loss.
- Side effects of drug use: Some drugs are associated with a series of side effects that can also affect eyebrows, such as drugs used for chemotherapy and cancer treatment.
What is FUT eyebrow transplant?
Eyebrow transplant by FUT method is one of traditional methods of hair transplant. At first, scalp is numbed, and the following steps will begin:
- First, a strip-shaped and narrow incision with a width of one to one and a half centimeters is made in back of head to enable follicles harvesting. The reason for choosing this area is that the hair on back of head is resistant to shedding and will not fall after planting. At this stage, the surgeon should make cut in such a way that the least amount of scars remain.
- In next step, the grafts need to be harvested from strip. This step requires high precision and for this reason it is done under special microscopes. Depending on how thick the eyebrows are, 100 to 250 grafts will be harvested.
- After separating grafts, very small incisions are made on eyebrow to allow follicles to be transplanted. The depth and angle of hairs that are implanted should be such that it brings the most natural results, and the manner and pattern of the individual’s own natural eyebrow growth should also be given importance.
Advantages of FUT eyebrow transplantation
Among the benefits of FUT eyebrow transplantation, the following can be mentioned:
- The results are completely natural, especially if this procedure is performed by a specialist doctor and in compliance with principles such as angle of eyebrow growth.
- The possibility of transplanting a large number of grafts to eyebrows and widening eyebrows to desired size and having thick eyebrows.
- Hiding wounds and scars that have been created after injury and have affected the beauty of eyebrows.
- Increasing the level of self-confidence due to having wide and thick eyebrows.
- Since more grafts are harvested in this method, it will be more economical.
Recommendations before eyebrow transplant
One of the most important measures regarding FUT eyebrow implantation is to participate in counseling sessions so that doctor can learn about physical health and uncertainty about underlying and specific diseases through the examinations he performs. Therefore, a series of tests need to be performed, including:
- Blood test and checking the number of red blood cells and making sure that you are not suffering from anemia.
- Prothrombin and Thromboplastin time test to determine the amount of blood clotting.
- Fasting blood sugar to diagnose diabetes
- AIDS and hepatitis testing,
- Hormonal tests to investigate the causes of hair loss.
It is necessary to consider a series of tips and cares before eyebrow implantation by FUT method so that you are more prepared for surgery and the surgery process goes well. Tips such as:
- One to two weeks before eyebrow implantation, the use of blood thinners and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs should be avoided, because such drugs increase the possibility of bleeding during and after surgery. For this reason, you should provide the doctor with a list of drugs you are taking so that, if necessary, changes in process and method of use can be made.
- 3 days before eyebrow implantation, direct contact with sunlight and sunburn should be avoided.
- Smoking and drinking alcoholic beverages should be avoided two weeks before eyebrow implantation.
- 48 hours before surgery, coffee and caffeinated drinks should not be consumed.
- Be sure to take a bath the night before surgery and make sure your skin is completely clean, because bathing will be prohibited for 48 hours after implantation.
- On the day of surgery, the face must be completely clean and free of any cosmetics.
Recovery period after eyebrow transplant
FUT eyebrow transplantation has a relatively short recovery period, so that a few days after surgery, scabs and crusts are formed on eyebrow, and usually a few weeks after surgery, a wound is formed in donor area on back of head. You need to pay attention to hygiene and follow the antibiotics prescribed by doctor to prevent infection.
It is recommended to inform the doctor if you see bleeding or signs of infection such as fever, discharge or increased pain.
After a few weeks of implantation, the eyebrows fall out, which is part of natural healing process and there is nothing to worry about.
During this period, it is recommended to strictly observe the care given by doctor, which we will discuss further, and let the healing process take place, and after some time, you will see regrowth of implanted eyebrows.
Care after eyebrow transplant
After FUT eyebrow transplant, you will be provided with a list of care and dos and don’ts, which will help achieve more ideal results and also prevent side effects such as eyebrow loss. Since it takes some time for grafts to be fixed in their new place, it is important to observe the following:
- It is recommended to stay at home and rest for a few days after eyebrow transplant.
- You should refrain from vigorous physical activity and exercise for a month.
- Note that no pressure or impact should be applied to eyebrows, because there is a possibility of the implanted eyebrows falling out.
- Scratching, touching and massaging eyebrows should be avoided.
- Drink as much water as you can after surgery to help the growth and health of grafts.
- Avoid over-the-counter medications, but take medications and antibiotics prescribed by your doctor regularly and as directed.
- Pay attention to your diet and include a variety of vitamins, proteins, fresh fruits and vegetables in your food basket.
- It is recommended to avoid drying your hair after showering as much as possible, so that the heat does not come into contact with eyebrows. Also, direct contact with sunlight or going to sauna and solarium should be avoided for two weeks.
The cost of eyebrow transplantation by FUT method
When talking about the cost of eyebrow transplantation, you should keep in mind that it is not possible to declare a definite cost for this method, because factors such as: the number of grafts needed, the shape of eyebrow desired by person, the quality donor area hair, doctor’s fee and clinic fees are involved in determining final cost, and the best thing to know about the exact costs is to participate in pre-surgery consultation sessions.
FAQ about eyebrow transplant by FUT
How long does FUT eyebrow implantation last?
If the eyebrow transplant is done in a reputable clinic by a specialist doctor and person follows all the tips of recovery period, the results will be completely permanent.
Is FUT eyebrow transplantation a safe method?
FUT eyebrow transplantation is a completely safe method, especially if it is performed by an experienced doctor and specialist in this field, but, like any surgical procedure, eyebrow transplantation can have possible complications such as swelling of donor area and eyebrows, bruising around eyes, scalp damage, bleeding or infection.
How will eyebrow growth be after FUT eyebrow implantation?
The thing you should keep in mind regarding FUT eyebrow transplant is that head hair grows much faster and more than eyebrow hair, therefore, you need to trim your eyebrows with scissors once every ten days or less. Trim and be careful to trim only the eyebrows tips so that there is no change in angle of growth. Usually, in first months after planting, the growth of eyebrows is faster, but over time, they find a natural and normal growth process.
Another point that we mentioned earlier is the loss of eyebrows after implantation, which is called shock loss, and eyebrows will grow again after a few weeks and become thick.
Can everyone do FUT eyebrow transplant?
One of the most important measures regarding whether you are a good candidate for FUT eyebrow transplantation or not is to determine cause of hair loss, in addition to fact that people who want to undergo this procedure must be in perfect physical health. Also, people with infections and skin problems or diabetes should definitely consult a doctor. Note that doing this method is not suitable for people who have blood clotting problems.