7 TIPS TO SPEED UP YOUR RHINOPLASTY RECOVERY TIME
The rhinosurgeon will give you detailed instructions and tips to speed up your Rhinoplasty recovery time. These instructions must be followed regularly and carefully; Because ignoring these instructions and precautions increases the risk of possible complications from the operation.
Strictly follow the doctor’s instructions
One of the most important things in post-rhinoplasty care is to listen to your doctor’s advice. Because it may make a point that none of the articles on the site have said. That’s why it’s best to have someone with you when listening to these tips; You may forget something because of the pain or the effects of the anesthesia. Usually before your discharge from the hospital, your doctor will tell you about how to take the medication, how to take care of your nose, and when to return.
Rest after rhinoplasty
The body consumes a lot of energy to improve its condition during surgery and recovery, so patients should rest well in the first week after surgery, because by sleeping and resting, the body replenishes its lost energy.
But it is also important to follow a few small tips for sleeping; The person should not sleep on the face or sides, as it puts pressure on the nasal area. The patient should put a few pillows around him before going to bed so that he does not move during sleep. He should place two small pillows under his head so that the head is above the chest and creates an angle of 30 degrees, this will improve blood circulation and reduce swelling timeline around the nose.
Although it is recommended to rest well during the first week after rhinoplasty; But keep in mind that to prevent blood clots in the legs and speed up the healing process, it is better to walk slowly at home during the day.
Not wearing glasses
Another precautionary measure after rhinoplasty is not to wear glasses. The use of sunglasses, prescription glasses and even blindfolds can cause pressure in the nasal area and increase swelling and bruising or even a depression in the nasal bone, in which case the person will need reconstructive surgery.
For this reason, it is recommended not to wear glasses until complete recovery. If you need to use glasses to study, you can use special glasses that do not fit on the nasal bone and are very light weight.
It should also be noted that after the operation, do not use colored and medical lenses at all until the swelling has decreased.
It is best to use a soft toothbrush to clean your teeth after the operation, and also do not put too much pressure on the upper teeth when brushing, as the sutures may be damaged and torn. Postpone your dental work until you are fully recovered.
Take care of the splint after rhinoplasty
After surgery, a special splint is placed over your nose to help hold your nose in place. The splint usually stays on the nose for up to 10 days and is removed from the nose by your surgeon on the tenth day.
Keep in mind that the splint should not get wet or damp during this time; Because it will lose its strength and consistency, so it is forbidden to be in the bathtub or swim for some time after nose surgery. Of course, during this period, you can wash your body (neck down) and wash your hair in the same way as washing hair in hairdressers.
Do not consume alcohol and smoking after surgery
Do not smoke or drink alcohol for two weeks after rhinoplasty. Recovery after surgery takes a lot of energy from the body and the speed of this process also depends on healthy habits.
Smoking disrupts blood circulation and prevents oxygen and other nutrients from reaching the surgical site. Because wound healing requires large amounts of oxygen-rich blood, smoking can disrupt the natural healing process.
Alcohol also interferes with the healing process, so avoid drinking alcohol, at least in the early stages of recovery.
Use cold compresses to reduce bruising and swelling
Bruising and swelling are obvious complications of nose surgery; Of course, you can use a cold compress for the first three days to reduce bruising and swelling after surgery, because the cold causes blood vessels to constrict and reduce swelling.
Put some small ice cubes in a clean towel and put it on your nose for 5 minutes. However, be careful not to apply the compress directly to the nose, as it may accidentally cause the bone or cartilage to move and change the outcome of the surgery.
In addition, you can use fruits such as pineapple, celery juice and carrots.
TIPS TO SPEED UP YOUR RHINOPLASTY RECOVERY TIME
- After the operation, take only the recommended drugs and do not take the drug arbitrarily.
- Do not take blood thinners for up to two weeks after surgery; These drugs dilate blood vessels and, as a result, increase the healing time by increasing swelling and bleeding.
- You should not do strenuous activity or strenuous exercise for at least 3 weeks after rhinoplasty; Doing so increases blood pressure and may increase the risk of nosebleeds.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight for up to one month after surgery; Too much sun darkens the wound and increases swelling.
- For the first 3 weeks after rhinoplasty, avoid foods that are high in salt and spices, especially peppers; Because salt increases swelling and spices stimulate the nose or nasal passages, thus increasing swelling and slowing the healing process.
- For some time after the nose job, use only the prescribed washing serums to clean the inside of the nose and avoid inserting anything, even a clean ear, into the nose.
- Sneeze with your mouth open for a few weeks after the operation to reduce the pressure inside your nose. Also, avoid fanning, talking for a long time, laughing a lot, and things like that.
- It is normal to feel pain after surgery and it will go away after a while. If you have severe pain, you can use prescribed painkillers with your doctor’s permission.
- Under no circumstances should you bend your head down.
- Avoid having sex for up to two weeks after surgery, as this will trigger the release of exciting hormones and increase inflammation.
- After the operation, you may see bloody discharge from your nose for 3-4 days, it is better to keep calm and change the dressing under the nose.
- If the surgeon has inserted a tampon into the nostrils, it should not be touched at all.
srouce : dr-nadermousavi.com