How to clean nose after rhinoplasty?
After rhinoplasty, following a series of tips during the recovery period will have a great impact on achieving the desired result. Keeping your nose clean is one of the main instructions after a nose job.
If the nose is rinsed and cleaned properly after surgery, the healing process will occur more quickly and complications such as swelling and infection will be prevented. In this article, we will examine how to rinse and clean the nose after rhinoplasty.
Why should we clean our noses after surgery?
One of the most common complications of rhinoplasty is bleeding and blood clots forming inside the nose. Blockage of the airway by a clot, in addition to causing breathing problems, can cause earache, nausea and dizziness. It also causes the patient’s throat to become dry and has an unpleasant odor.
In rhinoplasty, postoperative care is very important, especially in the early days, and should not be neglected. If the nasal cleansing process is performed continuously after surgery, the nostrils will remain moist and this will prevent the formation of clots inside the nose. Also, cleaning the nose after the operation helps to reduce the complications of the surgery.
How to clean your nose?
After rhinoplasty, the nostrils fill with mucus clots or blood left over from the operation, blocking the airway. Using an ear cleaner cotton buds, you can easily remove blood clots and clean the nose.
Since cleaning your nose before moisturizing its interior will damage your nasal tissues, you need to know a few moisturizers to do this:
• Use of bacitracin ointment:
One of the most common ointments used after rhinoplasty is bacitracin antibiotic ointment. By using this ointment, in addition to keeping the inside of the nose moist, you can prevent infections at the wound site.
• Use of polypropylene ointment:
Polypropylene ointment is used to moisturize the nose, prevent infection and blood clots, as well as soften old clots. After the operation with a cotton bud or some cotton, you can spread polypropylene ointment inside the nose and speed up the healing process.
• Nasal irrigation with hydrogen peroxide solution:
One of the most common methods of rinsing and cleaning damaged nasal tissues after surgery is the use of hydrogen peroxide solution, which can be started one day after surgery. The point is that hydrogen peroxide solution does not prevent infection and will not be able to kill many pathogenic bacteria.
• Rinse your nose with saline solution:
Saline solution is a mixture of salt and water which you can make at home by yourself. The use of saline solution is another method that helps to clean the nose and eliminate dried blood. Doctors recommend that you clean the nose 3 to 4 times a day using a syringe containing dilute saline solution and moisten the inside of the nostrils.
Fortunately, 10 days after rhinoplasty, the splint and the stitches at the surgery site will be removed. After that, you can easily clean your nose and wash your face.
What are the advantages of cleaning the nose after surgery?
- It prevents the secretions from drying out
- It prevents creating blood clots in the nose
- It reduces the possibility of infection in the nose and eliminate bad odor caused by infection
- it reduces pain and swelling in the nose
- It increases airflow and makes breathing easier
Postoperative nasal cleaning tips
- Do not empty your stuffy nose by air pressure and avoid sneezing if possible.
- 2 to 4 days after surgery, blood comes out of the nostrils, which needs to be carefully cleaned.
- To clean the nose with a cotton bud, do not apply pressure to the nose and specially to the sutures.
- To facilitate rinsing the nose with serums, you can use a syringe.
- Rinsing and cleaning the nose after surgery with cotton buds and moisturizer solutions in the early weeks should be done every 4 hours and gradually the use of solutions should be reduced.
- Do not insert the cotton bud too much into the nose, as it may cause bleeding and damage to the internal tissues of it.
- Removing the clots formed on the outer wound of the nose causes the wounds to open and bleed. Therefore, the use of special solutions makes it easier to clean the nose with cotton buds.
- Avoid using antibiotic ointments for a long time, because their long-term use causes swelling and sensitivity at the wound site.
Sometimes cleaning the nose after surgery with a cotton bud causes bleeding from the inner walls of the nose, and with it, the nasal sutures come off. That is why we emphasize that until you have not removed the sutures of the nose, when you are rinsing and cleaning the nose with a cotton bud, try to perform the cleaning process very carefully.
As you know, the ears, nose and throat are connected. As a result, rhinoplasty sometimes causes a stuffy ear, a dry throat, and a bloody taste in the mouth. As ear surgery causes side effects in the nose, such as nasal congestion.
Finally, do not forget that the human body is able to heal and repair damaged tissues, and you can accelerate the healing process and eliminate the side effects and complications of surgery by performing medical care and having a nutritious diet.
source : rajabpur.com